Doors open at 9am
Young Eagles for 2016-2017
Wings over Watsonville
Al Sibley panel for Tom Hoyt Park?
EAA Chapter 119 May meeting is Saturday, May 14th, meeting starts at 10:30am.Doors open when someone gets there with a key, maybe by 9am.... Presentation: Tom Hail on the Solar Impulse Around the World Flight, currently in progress.
Solar Impulse is a solar powered airplane built by a Swiss group, solar panels power the motors and charge batteries for flight through the night.
At 25kts, it takes a long time to get anywhere. Six days from Japan to Hawaii.
It has crossed Asia, the Pacific, and is now crossing the US.
Did you see it land at Moffett? Or take off out of there?
Chapter Meeting! 10:30am
Pancake Breakfast!! 9:00am
VIP TFR!!! Check NOTAMS!!!!
Speaker: Matt from Multirotor Superstore will be talking to us about Multi Rotor Aircraft The latest on Drones His work with converting planes to electric
Our second 2nd Saturday Chapter meeting is this Saturday at 10:30, doors open at 9am.
No pancake breakfast this time but bring something to share, cofee will be provided.Schedule:
- 09:00 Doors open
- 10:30 Chapter business meeting
- 11:00 Presentation - Mercedes Eulitt
- 12:00 Official end but hang out if you like
Presentation: Mercedes Eulitt will be talking about strategies and her experiences in the Air Race Classic, the women's annual cross country race.
Super Bowl 50 Impacts to flying at WVI
If you plan to fly @ KWVI....
- On the KWVI Ramp:
- Only authorized vehicles on ramp Limos, taxis and rental cars must remain outside fence
- Drivers pickup Pax at Terminal Building
- A shuttle provided to/from terminal/aircraft.
- IFR Arriving/Departing KWVI:
- Filing IFR (inbound or outbound) during week, requires reservation.
- Operators without reservations plan on delays
- No airborne IFR filing within 200nm of NorCal airspace, except in emergency.
- VFR Arriving/Departing KWVI:
- Flying to SFO metro airports during Super Bowl week may require reservations
- You should expect applicable fees (Landing, Handling, Special Events, etc.) will apply.
- You might want to rethink....
- Flying to north/northwest on February 7th
- Bay Tours
- Flying to MRY
- Practice Approaches
- SJC arrivals/support aircraft in 10NM ring. No GA’s
- Squawk w/flight plan in 32NM ring - no loitering.
- Air ambulance, LEO and DOD aircraft airborne.