Our second 2nd Saturday Chapter meeting is this Saturday at 10:30, doors open at 9am.
No pancake breakfast this time but bring something to share, cofee will be provided.Schedule:
- 09:00 Doors open
- 10:30 Chapter business meeting
- 11:00 Presentation - Mercedes Eulitt
- 12:00 Official end but hang out if you like
Presentation: Mercedes Eulitt will be talking about strategies and her experiences in the Air Race Classic, the women's annual cross country race.
Super Bowl 50 Impacts to flying at WVI
If you plan to fly @ KWVI....
- On the KWVI Ramp:
- Only authorized vehicles on ramp Limos, taxis and rental cars must remain outside fence
- Drivers pickup Pax at Terminal Building
- A shuttle provided to/from terminal/aircraft.
- IFR Arriving/Departing KWVI:
- Filing IFR (inbound or outbound) during week, requires reservation.
- Operators without reservations plan on delays
- No airborne IFR filing within 200nm of NorCal airspace, except in emergency.
- VFR Arriving/Departing KWVI:
- Flying to SFO metro airports during Super Bowl week may require reservations
- You should expect applicable fees (Landing, Handling, Special Events, etc.) will apply.
- You might want to rethink....
- Flying to north/northwest on February 7th
- Bay Tours
- Flying to MRY
- Practice Approaches
- SJC arrivals/support aircraft in 10NM ring. No GA’s
- Squawk w/flight plan in 32NM ring - no loitering.
- Air ambulance, LEO and DOD aircraft airborne.
Please join us at our January chapter meeting on Saturday January 9th. Our special guest speaker will be Chip Yates who hold world records in both electric motorcycles and electric airplanes.
Pancake breakfast: 9:00am Meeting starts at 10:30am. Presentation starts at 11:00am
Location: EAA 119 Hangar at Watsonville Airport.
Public is welcome.
CHIP YATES: American inventor, daredevil and electric vehicle pioneer best known for being the designer, builder and rider of the “World’s Fastest Electric Motorcycle” (200 MPH) as well as the designer, builder and pilot of the “World’s Fastest Electric Airplane” (220 MPH). Prior to that, he was a world level professional motorcycle racer, aerospace industry executive, bounty hunter, ambulance driver, toy inventor, pro racecar driver, machine designer and automotive engineer. He holds 15 patents and a Master’s Degree from the University of Southern California and is a trained fabricator, machinist and welder. Yates holds 18 Official World Records, 3 Guinness World Records, 16 National Records and 2 International Louis Bleriot Medals for pioneering aviation feats. Chip has survived 6 airplane emergencies including 3 deadstick landings, a broken pelvis, a broken collarbone, a 14,000 foot electric motorcycle crash at Pikes Peak, a 170 MPH crash into a mile marker signpost at the Bonneville Salt Flats, and has generally spent a good deal of time upside down in vehicles of his own creation. Yates has given a TED Talk, Maker Faire Talk, and numerous other motivational speeches on his Rockstar of Science tour. He is currently writing two books, “The Hoodlum Diaries” and “The Real MacGyver”
See flyer for the January meeting here.
Pancake breakfast at 9am
Chapter meeting at 10:30 am
Speaker Chip Yates at 11am